Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Shopping Season

I am terrible at blogging.  I have a terrible time writing about myself.  Having said that...I have to share.

Our Beer candle is in the November/December "Holiday" issue of Draft magazine. 
I received an Etsy convo months ago from one of the editors.  She said my beer candle would be a perfect holiday gift for their readers. :)  When I mailed the candle I never expected to hear back from her but did think it would be awesome to come up with some new beer candles for the upcoming shopping season.  When she emailed and asked my my mailing address I was stoked.




I love to blend fragrances together.  Essential oils, fragrance oils and combinations of both.  I love getting the family involved and believe me...they all have opinions.  We had a blast coming up with Alvie, Peppermint Bark, Twisted Pumpkin, Drunk Dave, & Spicy Apple.  I have two new blends I plan to bring to my shop very soon. 

In the midst of all the scent blending and candle making I have also been working on new glass pieces.  I love cutting glass.  I've learned to cut more glass and less Anhoki.  :)



This one I made for me.  I love it.  It's 248 pieces of glass, close to 600 stainless steel rings  and 3 feet in length.  I made this after a marathon session of chandling and glassing.  And...it is in my shop. :)

While I was making the lamp for our bedroom I realized how much fun I was having.  The idea for this lamp came to me in a dream.  The next morning I selected the sheets of glass, ordered the lamp base and went on my way.  I had no idea how to describe the lamp to those who asked about it.  When I put the shade on the lamp base it just clicked and was exactly as I imagined it to be.  I do believe I have made enough chandeliers and lamps for every room in the house to have its own. 

If you've clicked the images you've been taken to my Etsy shop.  I am happy to say I also have an Indie Made site.  If you see something in my Etsy shop that you would like to buy and do not want to sign up for Etsy let me know. 








2 comments:

tina said...

248 pieces of glass? It is a masterpiece. I so love it. And big too! Glass is a great thing for the garden.

I think anyone who is talented enough at mixing essential oils is pretty smart. They are something I know nothing of but would love to learn.

tina said...

Just wanted to say thanks for your very nice comment. I'd love to see your Etsy shop but the link would not open for me. Is there another way?